Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Swatch Day - Zoya Logan

Happy Wednesday guys! Anybody else seriously dragging butt today? I am sleepy!

Due to recent dog sadness, my super awesome husband was kind enough to brave a trip into Ulta and he bought me three new polishes. Now that's love! All of them are from brands I have until now never gotten my hands on. One of those happens to be today's mani.



Polishes used:

  • Seche Rebuild base coat / Seche Vite top coat
  • Zoya Logan

This gorgeous green foil is Zoya Logan, my very first Zoya polish! I can now say I understand the Zoya love, this polish is a stunner in every aspect. I was looking for something in the Christmas green realm since my only other dark green is on it's last legs, boy did I find one! Foils entertain me almost as much as sparkles and holo polishes so the fact that this turned out to be a foil was an unexpected bonus. The formula was a dream, pictures show two thin coats but I probably could have gotten away with one generous coat. The pigment is nice and rich on this one. No signs of gritty texture like some foils have and one swipe of top coat made it nice and super shiny smooth. I am now ridiculously curious about Zoya cremes but I'm on a no buy for a while after these new three and all my birthday polishes. I was totally eyeing up Zoya Kelly while I was there cause I love gray and come on, it had my name on it! Alas, she shall have to wait. Logan will be plenty to keep me occupied for a while, I really think I would be hard pressed to find a better Christmas green. Speaking of which, you know I couldn't leave this plain!





Glitter tips! For these I added a coat of Essie As Gold As It Gets over Zoya Logan and then I placed red glitter from the Born Pretty Store on the tips. I called it my Christmas mani warm-up. So far I've had Logan on for a few days with minimal tip wear. Zoya has lived up to the hype for me, I'm a fan! Have you guys ever tried a new brand and fallen in love?

4 comments:

  1. It's a very pretty mani.

    I too am tired, want to hibernate from mid November to mid February...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh hibernation sounds so awesome right now, I'll wake up for a bit for Christmas though haha.

      Delete
  2. i still am dragging...but its about time to go to bed....wait, no...i need to paint my nails :) Beautiful manicure :)

    ReplyDelete