Monday, June 11, 2012

On The Road With A Master Plan

It's a Monday. Hate it, want sleep, lasagna, blah blah blah, Garfield. You know the drill.

For today I have some more fun with crackle polish for you all in the form of some nail art. At the end of this month I'll be heading home to NY for vacation and I am beyond excited. The only crappy part is the 6 hours in the car with dogs panting in my ear, bleh. Well, one dog panting in my ear, the other doesn't understand she is small and will be barking at every tractor trailer we pass. So to pump myself up to start getting ready for the trip, I did some road trip nail art!






Before the crackle and clean up. I am a very messy painter.
Polishes used:
  • Sally Hansen Salon Manicure base coat / Seche Vite top coat
  • Essie Master Plan
  • Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow
  • Maybelline Color Show Shredded Carbon Frost
  • Kiss Nail Art striper in white

I have to say this came out even better than I had hoped. It was a nice quick mani that looks like it took a lot longer than it did, I love those! I'm also pretty happy with finding another fun use for my new crackle love. These may not make the day of dog breath any better but they certainly make me want to actually pack before the morning we leave for once. I am the worst packer ever, seriously. Also don't ever ask me to help you move because I will throw things into garbage bags and call it packed. No one ever taught me about suitcases, okay?! All in all, these motivate me to get my butt in gear and do things I need to do but don't want to. What motivates you guys to get stuff done?

25 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I love it, and knowing the story behind makes it even greater.
    I have been working with dogs all my life, crate training/a dog crate in the car would be a bliss for you. And if the little one still is yapping, you can cover the sides, so that she cannot see. The reason why she is doing it is that she is sure that she has to protect you (she thinks she is the leader), and since the cars disappear she gets success every time she barks LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips! Both of them are crate trained but I just can't fit both crates in the car with all of our vacation junk >.< The little one usually falls asleep after about a half hour anyway so it's all good. She hates rest stops LOL

      Delete
  2. So creative! Great way to use the crackle too. Also, maybe next time do a little dead lizard on there? Roadkill? No? Ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pft, there's no lizards here. It would be like a deer or something haha.

      Delete
  3. I love how you used crackle polish. It give me idea to try it like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, I love your road trip themed nails! Good motivation when getting ready for a trip. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't sure the idea would translate to my nails very well but I guess I lucked out cause everyone gets it haha.

      Delete
  5. I love it! Your nails are awesome! I love doing themed mani's like this cause it makes me happy every time I see my nails lol. These would make me motivated to get stuff done! I love the crackle too, its very creative! Have fun on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree, themes are always fun to make and look at ^_^ Sadly it backfired cause I was all "I can't pack I'll ruin my nails" haha.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Vacation spot is closer to the PA line but home itself is about an hour south of Albany. I did go to college in the city though.

      Delete
    2. AMG no way! I'm from Woodstock, I'm only like 4 thruway exits away haha.

      Delete
  7. I love this mani. Awesome job! Very create use for the crackle.

    And I am so jealous...what I miss most about living up north (Jersey) is the pizza and the buttered hard rolls they sell in 7-11! I hate the cold though...Florida is better for me when it comes to the weather! :)

    Try bringing a little marrow bone for your doggie. Knuckle bones are better and tastier to them, but messier too... not car friendly, unless your bring a crate. Have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMFG can we talk about how pizza sucks everywhere else?? They have "authentic NY style" at restaurants here and I'm like yeah keep dreaming. I wouldn't do well in FL, I can NOT handle heat haha.

      Delete
    2. OMG I totally agree. Seriously...they need to stop with that. There is no such thing as "authentic NY style" pizza unless *You. Are. In. NY.*...hello!!! Let's get real people.

      I know what you are saying about the heat. July and August are becoming hard for me to handle as the years go by.

      Delete
  8. Love it.
    Enjoy your roadtrip. Its gonna be crazy with dogs....mine goes nuts when he is in a car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ours are pretty good but they hate stopping, so as long as it's highway they usually settle down. I hope lol.

      Delete
  9. Looks really really great! :D Enjoy your trip! I love a long drive (I say this, though I have never driven in my life:P) So I suppose I like being a passenger lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am always the passenger on these trips, I refuse to drive that far myself. Besides, passenger gets music control!

      Delete