Friday, June 15, 2012

Limit Your Candy Shop

Happy Friday everybody! Hope you all have great weather and weekend plans ahead. I will be doing anything other than the packing I should be because that's how I roll.

Today's mani was a total unplanned accident but I'm liking it, mistakes and all. I started out with two nice coats of Revlon Bare Bones because I was planning to try newspaper nails for the first time. Then an attack of lazy hit and I didn't feel like hunting for my rubbing alcohol in my office upstairs. Yes, I keep rubbing alcohol in my office don't judge me. (If you're really that curious, I use it to clean gemstones after I set them.) So I started thinking of what I could do with a neutral color already in place. Sparkles of course! Pardon the super dry skin, I'm having hydration issues apparently.





Polishes used:
  • Sally Hansen Salon Manicure base coat / Seche Vite top coat
  • Revlon Bare Bones
  • Claire's Cosmetics Candy Shop

After fighting with the scotch tape for this, I am seriously jonesing for some honest to goodness striping tape. This was the first time I tried triangles of any sort with tape and they were kinda tricky to line up. Looking at it now I probably would stick a rhinestone in the middle to hide that part but eh, lesson learned for next time. I do really like how it turned out overall though, it's a nice bit of sparkle without the overwhelming glitterbomb that Candy Shop can sometimes be. One thin coat over the thumb surprised me too since I haven't used this as a layering polish yet, I'm liking it. It gave me quite a few ideas of polishes I'd like to try it over now. 

I have a list of brands I'm planning to look for on vacation. My husband thinks it's sad but whatevs, I know you guys understand :P

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, I love it - and Thanks for adding me to your blog list, I'll do the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and thanks for the add back! I love your sponging and stamping combos!

      Delete
  2. I like! I love using nude bases for something funky like that. It just works somehow. I especially like the ring finger, looks like one of those sand timer hourglass things.

    Le boyfriend thought I was so dorky for planning my polish purchases ahead of time before we went to Miami, so yes, I get you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I hate to sound like the cliche artist but it just makes the color pop.

      Thank you! This is srs bsns and must be treated as such! One does not simply NOT plan for polishes from a new location.

      Delete
  3. Love it. Glitter definitely pops on nude base.

    I would love to see the jewelry you make. Do you have a online store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I just love the contrast it gives.

      I should really do a jewelry post haha. At the moment I am building up inventory to start selling online, so far it has all been custom orders from people that see it when I or my mom wear it. As soon as I have a legit website for it though I will definitely be posting it here!

      Delete
  4. Super cute. I love the use of the nude...it does really set off the glittery yummy-ness of the Candy Shop polish. Very nice...love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was feeling bad I made such a big deal out of finding it and then I have hardly used it >.<

      Delete
  5. We totally understand. Btw, did you see I was from Albany?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I replied but didn't know if you saw it haha. I was all amg no way I'm from Woodstock, I'm only like 4 Thruway exits away! I'm jealous you guys got the good mall lol.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! I need to experiment with Candy Shop more.

      Delete
  7. Holy heck, this is cool. Awesome combo! I'll have to break out Candy Shop and try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete