Friday, March 30, 2012

I Played With Sparkles

Since this is the first real post, I'll give you all a two-fer. That is such a weird looking word. 


First up, some sparkly pandas! While searching the web and various tutorials for cuticle care, I found this tutorial and I just couldn't resist trying. That, coupled with the fact that my husband spoiled me rotten with about five bottles of polish one trip to the pharmacy, meant the beginning of my new found obsession. So without further ado, I give you the beginning of the end... of the world.... of Warcraft. Okay maybe not.  All I have is a cell phone pic to remember this one by, sorry about that. 



Polishes I used for this were :
Sinful Colors base coat
Sinful Colors Call You Later (green/gold sparkles)
Essie Blanc
Sally Hansen Black Diamond
Seche Vite top coat


Manicure number two after the jump!




For number two I have what I wore to the opening weekend of the Hunger Games movie. Late I know but whatevs I just started, deal with it. I didn't even know I was going to be able to go but I have the best friends in the world who surprised me with tickets cause I was feeling lousy. So after that of course I had to have nice fingers for it. This was the first time I ever did any sponge work and I have to say it was a lot of fun. I will definitely be playing with that technique again in the future! This was the result of me following along with another tutorial.





Polishes I used for this were :
Sinful Colors base coat
Sally Hansen I Pink I Can
Rimmel 621 Star Dust
Pure Ice Don't You Wish
Seche Vite top coat


As you can see I am a fan of the tutorials by CutePolish on YouTube, so go check them out and be a lame beginner with me. Let's hope my photography gets better as I go. I hope whoever finds this liked my first real post! 

4 comments:

  1. I really love how your pandas and pink nails came out! They look so great for a beginner! It's very helpful to know the polishes you use, and how you started out. I really look foward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Hopefully there will indeed be much more to come!

      Delete